Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Becoming a Mermaid

I'm currently in Shakespeare's: Comedy of Errors. I have been given the honor of playing Luciana in this production. My character is referred to as a mermaid a few time in the show, so our director decided to design my character around that. Our costumer and I have had a few trial runs of my makeup, but i wanted to share our third try with you.


We used a pair of fishnet stocking and sponged on makeup over the stockings to get the  scale effect. For the blue eyebrows we glued them down, then put a kind of powder then a concealer over the eyebrows, and then we put on a blue creamy makeup over that. For the teal color under my eyes (and that was also used in the scales) we used Maybelline Color Tattoo Tenacious Teal. Finally for the dark blue lips we used a skin tone lipgloss and mixed it with a dark blue eyeshadow. 

Stay tuned for more amazing makeup and costume picture from the show!
-Dree 

No comments:

Post a Comment